Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Merry Christmas Two

Its 23:34pm here and I am standing at mu kitchen counter typing this. Why in the kitchen at this hour? Well right across from me on the stove I am frying my minced meat for my family famous Lasagne. Well I know its weird to be cooking this late at night, but with our incredibly active lives and my knack for long family visits, we only got into the front door at at 21:30 and had to still get the baby bathed. My almost 2 year old then decided it would be a great idea to use the floor to wee on so a bath was in order for her too. Baby took a while to fall asleep and now I finally got to the kitchen to start tomorrows lunch.

So tomorrow we get to celebrate my favorite holiday for the second time. I just love Christmas and as my mother in law put it " we will be having Christmas again tomorrow" Really, it just my family and in laws having Sunday lunch together for my father in laws sake as he was away over Christmas. But I still love the fact that we will be doing it again. My hubsters family can't seem to get enough of my Lasagne for some reason so without even asking, I know its what I am meant to prepare. I don't mind though since I am huge Lasagne lover myself. Unfortunatelly I have to sacrifice my sleep to be standing here and making it as we have to attend our church tomorrow which starts at 8:30am which means I will be up at 5:45 to get everything ready for the kids, and getting the kids done to so that we can be out of the door by 7:45am for the latest as our church is 45 minutes away from our house.

When I read what my life is like, I cannot believe how little sleep I actually get because I am always doing all these things. But to be honest, to spend time with family, having delicious lunch and just relaxing on a second Christmas... I would do it any day :)

So let me get on with making my white sauce and I hope you have a Merry Christmas Two!

No comments: